Looking for the best air rifle scopes under $300? Read on as we comprehensively go through air rifle scopes in the $300 price range.
As the price of the scope goes up, you will find that they have more features and sturdier designs which enhance adjustability and performance.
Scopes under 300 dollars are perfect for mainstream shooters who want to better the performance of their air rifles.
There are very many scopes on the market and you may be wondering which are the best air rifle scopes under $300.
Here are some of the best air rifle scopes ranging under this price category that you can choose from.
Best Air Rifle Scopes under $300
Specially designed for hunters and shooters, the decent and heavy-duty construction of Vortex Optics Crossfire II Riflescope will take their shooting skills to a whole new level. With a long and consistent eye relief, this scope will keep your eyes safe from getting hit by high-recoil rifles.
Its fully multicoated lens enhances maximum light transmission especially under low light conditions to produce bright and clear images full of contrast while a customized dead hold BDC reticle with a dot design eliminates all guesswork on windage and holdover corrections.
This makes it suitable for shooting at varying distances where estimating holdover might be of concern. It also comes with an SPF reticle that maintains its size at varying magnification ranges.
This scope is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum which ensures great performance and durability and when it comes to weather reliability, it is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make it fully waterproof and fog proof.
Furthermore, this scope has a fast-focus eyepiece for quick target acquisition.
- Heavy-duty aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- Generous eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box.
- Completely waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Lightweight construction which enhances pack-ability and portability.
- Great performance and rugged reliability.
- Fast focus eyepiece that is easy to use.
- Resettable MOA turrets.
- Superior edge to edge clarity.
- The anti-reflective, multi-coated lens provides bright and clear image views.
- Reticles-Dead-Hold BDC, V-Plex
- Exit Pupil: 4.57 – 16 mm
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32 mm
- Field of View, Linear: 12.6 – 42 ft at 100 yds
- Magnification: 2 – 7 x
- Tube: 1 in
- Second Focal Plane (SFP)
- Eye Relief: 3.9 – 4.7 in
- Adjustment Type: MOA. Click Value: 0.25 MOA. Range: 60 MOA
- Parallax: 50 yds
- W/E Travel at 100 Yds: 60 MOA
This is a high-precision rifle scope and one of the best Air Rifle Scopes under $300 featuring a versatile 1-4x magnification ideal for close to medium-range shooting. Monstrum G2 1-4×24 FFP Riflescope is functionally designed with a first focal plane rangefinder reticle which is easy to read and doesn’t change regardless of the magnification.
For better visibility at night and during low light conditions, this scope features an illuminated reticle as well as 5 different brightness settings. It is crafted from aircraft aluminum to enhance its durability and ensure great performance.
It’s 30mm main tube is nitrogen charged to make it fully waterproof and fog-resistant. Its optics feature a multi-layer coating that enhances light transmission resulting in bright and clear target images.
The coating also protects your scope lens from scratches and sheds off dirt, fog, fingerprints, and dust to provide the user with clear views.
- Waterproof and fog proof.
- Illuminated range finder FFP reticle.
- Rangefinder reticle for quick range estimation and holdover correction.
- Lightweight construction enhances portability and pack-ability.
- Lightweight and durable aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- Multiple brightness intensities for suitable sight pictures even in adverse environments.
- Multi-layer lens coatings offer brilliant image views
- Objective Diameter: 24 mm
- Weighs 1 lb 0 oz
- 30 mm tube diameter
- Illuminated BDC reticle
- Eye Relief: 4 – 4.5 in
- Short-Mid Range. 300+ Yards
3) CVLIFE 6-24×50 AOE Hunting Rifle Scope
The performance and price point of this scope make it ideal for hunters and recreational shooters looking for an ideal scope for their hardworking air rifle.
CVLIFE 6-24×50 AOE Hunting Rifle Scope comes equipped with a versatile 6-24x magnification and for clarity, the scope is fitted with a 50mm objective lens which collects more than enough light for shooting even under low light conditions such as shooting at dusk or dawn.
It also gives you a sharp image for zeroing in on a small target. Its illuminated reticle enhances sharpshooting at any light condition and with 5 different brightness levels you get to use this scope under any lighting condition.
The adjustable objective lens allows for sharp target image, parallax elimination, and range estimation.
Furthermore, this scope features a fully multi-coated lens which enhances light transmission for brilliant image clarity and contrast. The bonded coatings on the lens are built to last and won’t fade with time.
They shed off dirt, fingerprints, oil, and water to provide bright and clear views. This scope is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum which is fully waterproof and fog proof to ensure all-weather reliability.
- 5 brightness settings for adverse environments application.
- Red and green illuminated reticle.
- Sturdy and durable aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- Multi-coated optics for brilliant image views.
- User-friendly adjustment turrets.
- Fast focus eyepiece that is easy and intuitive to use
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Fully waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- 50mm objective lens enhances image clarity
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
4) Bushnell TRS-25 1×20 Red Dot Riflescope
The versatility of this scope allows it to be used in multiple shooting activities and it is also suitable for fast target acquisition. This scope is easy to mount on most Picatinny rails which makes it suitable for use with pistols, air rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders as well.
Its strong and durable construction enables it to withstand the harshest conditions and with generous and consistent eye relief, you get to enjoy your views with both eyes open.
Bushnell TRS-25 1×20 Red Dot Riflescope comes with 11 different brightness settings that ensure that it can be used in different light settings and it also features fully multi-coated lenses that enhance light transmission to provide the user with bright and crisp clear target images.
On matters of weather reliability, this scope is nitrogen purged to make it fully waterproof and fog proof and for this reason, you can comfortably use it under any weather conditions.
For no scope comes close to the speed and assurance provided by this quality scope, you can trust it to make your outdoor shooting pursuits one of a kind.
- Heavy-duty metal housing.
- Suitable for different outdoor activities.
- Amber bright high contrast lens coating.
- Easy to mount on most Picatinny rails.
- Simple adjustment dials.
- 3 MOA Dot reticle
- 11 brightness settings
- Parallax – 50
- Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle compatible
- Wide and unlimited eye relief.
- Fully waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Multi-coated lenses offer bright and clear target views
5) Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20mm
Suitable for tactical shooting/ hunting beginners, the Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20mm scope is easy to use. With a 3:1 zoom ratio, this scope is suitable for virtually any situation. It features scratch-resistant lenses that are capable of withstanding extreme abrasions.
For image brightness and clarity, the lenses are fully coated to enhance light transmission, especially under low light conditions.
It employs a 1.5-4x magnification for precision at the most common air rifle distances. Made with aircraft-grade aluminum, this scope is punisher tested to last a lifetime and provide great performance even under the harshest recoil.
Furthermore, this scope is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make it fully waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof as well. This scope also features ¼ MOA tactical-style turrets for windage and elevation Each and every recreational shooter and hunter will find that the price point and performance of this scope are ideal for their hardworking air rifle.
- Military-grade scratch-proof lenses.
- Versatile 3:1 zoom ratio
- Main tube Diameter: 1 inch
- Twilight light management system.
- Legendary Leupold ruggedness
- Magnification Range: 1.5x-4x
- Weighs 9.6 oz.
- Length: 9.35 in
- Eye Relief (in) – Low: 4.17 – High: 3.74
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) – Low: 74.2 – High: 29.4
- Multi-coated lenses for brilliant image brightness, clarity, and color contrast.
- Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Aggressively knurled, ¼ MOA Finger click adjustments.
- Long and consistent eye relief.
- 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum construction
Criteria for Choosing the Best Air Rifle Scopes under $300
Now that you are already on a tight budget, here are the other important factors to look out for when buying an air rifle scope.
A scope under 300 dollars should have reliable and heavy-duty construction. It should also be equipped with a wide eye relief which provides comfortable target views. Furthermore, it should have dependable weather sealing and protection against shocks and hard impacts. This will ensure great performance, durability, and all-weather reliability.
A tactical shooter/hunter will always want a scope with repeatable shot compensation dials. These dials should also provide you with optimum feedback to help eliminate taking your sights off the target. Furthermore, the scope should also be easy to set in true zero and retain it until the next time you need to take the shot.
At this price limit, go for the scope whose magnification will give you the best possible image of your intended target. In addition, remember that with air rifles, the image of your target might suffer at higher magnification. Air rifles also tend to max out at around 100 yards. So, it’s best if you go for a scope with moderate magnification. Typically a 3-9x magnification or lower is best.
A 200-dollar scope might seem to have a lens that’s exactly like that in a 500-dollar unit or more. The main difference will be the quality of the lens. The type of coating found on these two is what makes the huge difference. To determine the quality of any scope, check out the lens coating that it has.
This will give you a general idea of how well it will perform on the field. You can also check on the reviews of other customers and then get an idea of how the scope performs. Ensure that you get a scope with coated optics since they enhance light transmission that results to the production of bright and clear target views.
With air rifles, lightweight and handy scopes will work best. Attaching a heavy optic throws it off balance and consequently affects its ease of handling and portability as well. This might act against you when shooting fast-moving targets and make you lose the target.
What kind of magnification should I go for?
This entirely depends on the shooting activity you intend to take part in. Remember that with air rifles, the image of your target might suffer at higher magnification. Air rifles also tend to max out at around 100 yards. So, it’s best if you go for a scope with moderate magnification. Typically a 3-9x magnification or lower is best.
Are Scopes under $300 good and worth investing in?
Yes, they are. Although they might lack some features found in high-end scopes, they still are manufactured to meet high quality. These scopes also feature impressive image clarity and quality as well as rugged performance in all weather conditions. At their cost, they offer great value at a less cost.
Why These Air Rifle Scopes under $300
- Affordable scopes with great value for money.
- Decent designs and easy to use.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Great performance and rugged reliability.
While it is understandable that air rifle scopes under this price range will have low-quality features than those in high-end scopes, you still get to enjoy great value for your money.
Before settling on a specific scope, go through different reviews, and only then will you be in a position to choose the best.