Scope mounts allow you to attach optics to your air rifle or air pistol. They come in a variety of configurations. If you wish to mount a scope on a spring-piston or gas ram airgun, it is important that the scope mount includes an anti-recoil pin to prevent the scope from sliding off the back of the scope rail. For airguns that have barrel droop as part of their design, adjustable and drooper scope mounts can be used to allow proper mounting of scopes.
Best Air Rifle Scope Mounts
Now, it is obvious that choosing the best air rifle scope mounts requires some level of knowledge because it can be quite confusing for individuals who are new to air rifles. Different air guns have different methods for scope mounting but there are basic things to consider when choosing scope mounts.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Air Rifle Scope Mounts
One-piece or two-piece? – spring/piston precision air rifles with 11mm dovetails have a more aggressive recoil than precharged pneumatic air rifles due to the nature of how the air is compressed. For this reason, using a one-piece scope mount is preferred.
Width of rifle dovetail – most precision airguns and rimfire rifles have 11mm wide dovetails/grooves. The scope grooves form an important aspect of the rifle’s cylinder and require tip-off scope mounts. Many centerfire rifles are fitted with Picatinny or Weaver rails instead of a grooved receiver. These rails are 20mm and offer the best scope mount solution as the scope mount wraps around the rail on the rifle providing a strong attachment that cannot possibly move under recoil.
Body tube diameter – the best rifle scope tube diameter is 30mm or 34mm as it allows more light transmission from the rifle scopes objective lens to the shooter’s eye. However, some rifles have a 25.4mm diameter body which is also comfortable.
Best Air Rifle Scope Mounts Reviews
WOLTIS 45 Degree Offset Rail Mount Picatinny Low Profile Adapter Mount
WOLTIS 45 Degree Offset Rail Mount provides the perfect choice for keltec sub2000. You are able to fold your weapon all the way when you put on this Woltis mount. This provides you the setup for the distant shot as well as the close quarters shot when putting, if get your pop up sights on it and optic sight with magnification on the upper rail.
- Quick-release style
- laser / flashlight / sights / optics attachment
- Fits with 20mm standard Picatinny weaver rail
- Low profile and lightweight
- Adjustable QD offset mount
- Full metal for heavy-duty
- Can be installed on Picatinny rail.
- Side 3 Picatinny slots.
- Shockproof can be used on real fire caliber;
- Perfect for hunting accessories
- CNC aluminum material
Pinty 45-Degree Offset Angle Rail Mount Picatinny for Flashlights and Rifle Sights
Pinty 45-Degree Offset Angle Rail Mount is constructed carefully with solid aerospace-grade aluminum. It is lightweight, durable, and suitable for hunting excursions. The mount has a black anodized matte finish providing a superior anti-corrosion performance. As one of the best air rifle scope mounts, this mount is ideal for Flashlights and Rifle Laser Dot Sights.
Pinty 45-Degree is versatile thus reducing interference with vertical grip and rifle scopes. The mount’s design creates easily accessible on/off switches for flashlights, laser sights, and red dot sights. It is ideal for avid shooting, plinking, home defense, and hunting.
With this mount, you get mounting versatility eliminates interference with vertical grips and rifle scopes.
- Aerospace-grade construction
- Tactical design
- Lightweight durability
- Ideal for hunting excursions
- Weatherproof finish with superior anti-corrosion performance
- Quick and easy to install
- Includes 3 Picatinny mounts
- Dimensions: 1.75″ x 2″
- Weight: 1.4 oz.
- Materials: aluminum
- Color: Black
- Black anodized matte finish
- Quick & easy installation
Fyland 0.83” Picatinny Riser Mount with See Through Hole for Scopes and Optics, 3.3” long, 8 Slot
This Fyland 0.83” Picatinny Riser Mount accommodates Picatinny or Weaver. It is specially designed to lift your optics providing a clear view over the front sight. The 3.3″ long Picatinny rail 8 slots add height allowing attachment of an optic, light, or laser sight. It has a see-through design for use with the original iron sights.
- Made of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum
- High profile riser mounting base fits on standard Picatinny or Weaver rail
- 83″ saddle height
- Two locking nuts and cross bolts allow easy and quick installation
- Hard coat anodized finish
- It is ideal for mounting scopes and red dot sights.
- Compatibility: Rifles with Picatinny rails
- Height: 1 inch (0.83″ saddle height)
- Length: 3.3 inch
- Weight: 4.12 oz.
Aecktech MLok Polymer Picatinny Rail Sections, 5-Slot 7-Slot 9-Slot 11-Slot 13-Slot
Aecktech M-Lok Polymer Picatinny Rail Sections are made of durable polymer material with lightweight M-LOK rails and a solid structure. They are rounded with an arc corner design ensuring better protection and attachment of various 1913 Picatinny spec rail-mounted accessories such as lights, scopes, optics, and grip.
- Made Of Durable Polymer Material with
- Simple to install or remove
- 5 size options available
- Lightweight, sturdy and durable
- It is compatible with standard M-LOK systems
- Picatinny Accepts All Standard Picatinny Accessories
Fyland 1″ Ring Mount for Flashlight on MLOK Handguard
Fyland 1″ Ring Mount is made using an aluminum construction and precise machining. It is compatible with any 1-inch diameter for any tube accessories such as a flashlight. The Fyland ring mount is made solid with a lightweight that makes a perfect attachment point for MLOK rail systems.
- Affordable offset light mount
- Strong aluminum construction and precise machining
- Included hex wrench, screws, nuts
- 1-inch diameter
Fyland Riser Mount, Tactical High Profile Picatinny Weaver Rail Flat Top Mount Adaptor and Riser for Scopes and Optics
Fyland is a high-profile riser mount that allows sight clearance over front sights. It is designed to lift your optics giving you a clear view over the front sight. This mount is ideal for mounting scopes and red dot sights and can be mounted directly to Picatinny/Weaver rail. It is made with an aluminum construction featuring a see-through design that is solid and lightweight.
Fyland riser mount as one of the best air rifle scope mounts is windproof and earthquake-resistant making it ideal for use in all kinds of environments. The mount offers you the most comfortable and safe shooting height.
- Precision machined from aircraft aluminum
- Hard coat anodized finish
- Thumb tightening system and locking plate allows easy and quick installation
- Comes with 14 Picatinny rail slots
- Accommodates red dots, and optics, flashlight or laser sight
- Weight: 5.1 ounces
- Rigid and lightweight
- Dimensions: 5.7 L x 0.65W x 1.21H (inches)
- Compatibility: Rifles with Picatinny rails
- Number of bases: 1 piece
Modkin 1” Dovetail Scope Rings, Medium Profile Scope Mounts for 11mm Dovetail Rails – 2 Pieces (One has Stop pin)
These Modkin 1” Dovetail Scope Rings are an 11mm dovetail mount specialized scope mount for .22 Airgun. It fits all .22/Airgun rail and some rifles. The ring is for most scopes which are in a 25.4mm scope tube. One of the dovetail mounts has a removable stop pin that allows for rock-solid mounting on the rail. Adopt anti-oxidation and anti-corrosion coating treatment.
- High-quality aluminum alloy material
- The built-in inside tape prevents from marring the scope and sliding
- Has two rail clamp screws and four scope clamp screws for precision and repeatable alignment
- Compatible with 1”/ 25.4mm scope tube.
- Length: 15mm
- Ring Diameter: 1”
- Dimension: 1.6 L x 1.6 W x 0.8 H (inches)
- Weight: 3.5oz per ring
VIAKEY 45 Degree Offset Rail Mounts
The Offset Rail Mount is most suited for any standard M-LOK system. It provides an ambidextrous platform to mount flashlights, red dots sight, micro red dot, optics, scopes, and any other tactical offset attachments at both the 11 and 1 o’clock positions. It features a 45° offset design that allows for a flexible hand or accessory placement without the obstruction of a flashlight beam.
- Made of aircraft aluminum alloy + steel
- Black matte anodizing finish
- High quality, sturdy and durable for a long-lived performance
- Lightweight- 3 slot weight 0.47oz
- Easy to attach and detach
- Includes 2 pcs 3 slots mlok offset rail mounts, 5 sets mlok t-nuts & screws, and 2 pcs Allen wrench.
Monstrum H-Series Hollow Frame Lightweight Offset Picatinny Scope Mount
The Monstrum mount is a dual ring scope mount for Picatinny rail platforms. It is available for both 1 inch and 30 mm tube diameter rifle scopes making it one of the best air rifle scope mounts. The mount is made in a hollow frame design with a weight of 4.3 ounces (30% lighter than previous Monstrum scope mount models).
The scope mount features 4 square-integral recoil stops, which allow a reduction in weight with an increase in strength.
- Strong, durable material
- Hardened steel Torx mounting hardware prevents stripping of bolts
- Two inches of forwarding offset for flexible scope positioning and optimum eye relief
- Square integral recoil stops
- Available in 30mm or 1inch diameter
FAQs about the Best Air Rifle Scope Mounts
How tight should scope mounts be?
It is good to have the rings as far apart as possible for your scope. Excess tightening of the ring cap screws can result to a deformed scope tube, especially 1” tubes. This results in erratic movement of the erecter system.
How do Quick-Detach mounts work?
QD is a variation of the swivel loop and stud design that allows the sling and connector to be removed at the press of a button. These mounts are ideal for moving a sling from one rifle to the next, or frequently reconfiguring which mounting points.
Should Loctite be used when mounting a rifle scope?
Unless it is needed, Loctite should not be used. This is the recommendation given by most scope mount manufacturing companies.
What is the best distance to zero an air rifle scope?
The medium-range ideal for most shooters is 30 yards. However, you should zero at 20 to 25 yards distance when shooting indoors whereas for long-range hunting or shooting, you might set the zero at 40-50 yards distance.
What distance should I zero my .22 air rifle?
You should zero at 20 or 25 yards if your intention is to shoot light sporting rifle indoors. However, if most of your hunting will involve shooting rabbits from a particular point on a pony paddock 40 yards away, zeroing at a 40-yard range is ideal.
Do I need a shock-absorbing / dampa mount?
You might easily end up with a broke air rifle if your spring-powered precision airgun or centerfire rifle recoils aggressively. At times, the crosshairs break and therefore you need to find the best scope mount for the rifle, which is a dampa mount. It allows the top half of the mount to slide a small amount on the base and this returns in microseconds
A Riflescope is important especially if you are really into precision and accuracy. To protect both your rifle and scope, a mount is necessary. It should be of good quality and easy to operate/attach and detach. You should also make sure that the scope mount you purchase is compatible with your scope or rifle.